Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K5IP

OK Guys, I know this has been covered but I can not find the applicable info.
    This is a 2002 2500 which has just had trailer wiring added to the truck. The addition caused the brake lights to fail.
    What did I break? What is he fix?
    Rog

K5IP , Jun 8, 2017
  2. Road Dog TDR MEMBER

The truck comes with trailer wiring so what did you add? When did it fail? Did you plug a trailer into the connector?

The brake lights are also the turn signal lights so the circuit goes through the flasher and multi-function stalk on the steering column. There's a fuse too.

Have you used a tester to see if the trailer circuit works? I assume the truck brake lights don't work.

Road Dog , Jun 9, 2017
  3. K5IP

Road dog,

I traced things out and it was the fuse, blown due to a short in the trailer wiring.

This was brought to my attention from a nice man with a car with flashing red lights on it. He said if I fixed it he would tear up the ticket. I called him today and he came over to my house to verify it was fixed, (hey, home service from our local police dept.) all is well.
    Thanks, Rog

K5IP , Jun 9, 2017