Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve St.Laurent Staff Member

1998 Dodge 2500 SLT Quad Cab Long Bed 5 speed 4wd Diesel

230,000 miles - needs work - transmission and possibly transfer case need to be rebuilt and needs batteries - have 2nd transfer case for parts, case or core that will go with it. It's been sitting for a few years but ran great when parked (except for transmission and t-case). I can explain over the phone the issues with the transmission and t-case. I got very sick (still am) when the truck went down and am not able to repair it. You can get a rebuilt transmission and t-case for about $2,000. The injection pump was replaced by Cummins Northwest and it only has about 5,000 miles on it. The truck makes ~400 hp and 1,000 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels. Right now the TST powermax is not hooked up as I wanted to be sure the injection pump was good before I hooked it up so it would be down from that right now but the powermax only takes about 30 minutes to hook up. I also have a brand new in box 4" stainless exhaust system that will go with the truck as well ready to be bolted up. I've always run this truck on Amsoil synthetic oil (in the engine and the entire drivetrain). It also will come with Turbo Diesel Register (www.turbodieselregister.com) magazines all the way back to issue #1 (I think I have every one - if not there's only a couple missing), extensive documentation, and the factory service manual. You could part this out and double your money easily - I just can't do it with my health.

Quad Cab Long Bed
    24 Valve 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
    4.10 Gears - Dana 60 front, Dana 80 rear and mag hytec covers on both axles
    NV4500HD transmission
    NP241DLD transfer case
    SLT package
    Leather interior
    power door locks
    power windows
    power and heated mirrors
    a/c
    Sliding rear window
    Tinted windows
    Turbo Boost gauge and EGT gauge (on A pillar mount)
    fuel pressure gauge
    TST Powermax 3 w/gauges
    Larger injectors
    Modified HX35 turbo with 14cm wastage
    BD exhaust brake
    Sachs button type clutch ($2,000 clutch)
    Buckstop bumpers front and rear (front is setup for an internal winch and has a receiver in it as well) - bumpers alone were $2,500
    Draw tite Ultra Class V rear receiver (can tow up to 12,000 lbs, 1,200 tongue without weight bars)
    Brake Controller
    BFG 285/75R16 tires
    Permatech bedliner
    tonneau cover
    Stainless side bars

$5,000 or best offer 517-nine three zero-2890 - no trades

Attached Files:

Steve St.Laurent , Aug 1, 2015
  2. Bill Lins

Steve, I am very sorry to hear of your health issues. You have been a pillar of our community here since the beginning, or close thereto, and have helped us all by your labors. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Bill Lins , Aug 1, 2015
  3. Larry Willard TDR MEMBER

I second Bills sentiments and wish you a full recovery
    Larry

Larry Willard , Aug 1, 2015
  4. HHhuntitall TDR MEMBER

x3 from me. I've been hurt and sick before, and it sucks. To be sick that long is a struggle, no doubt. You've been very helpful over the years, so thanks for that, too!

AND, I'm curious as to what the underneath looks like. Does it have much rust? I'm pretty interested... I don't mind working on 'em.... The drive would be a pain, but maybe worth it. That truck fits in with everything else I have around here.....

HHhuntitall , Aug 2, 2015
  5. Steve St.Laurent Staff Member

Thanks guys, I'm not going anywhere. I'll snap some pictures of the underside when I get a chance, might be a couple days though. The rust isn't bad on the underside but the bottoms of the doors are rusted as is a spot on the drivers side fender and over the rear wheel arch on the drivers side.

Steve St.Laurent , Aug 2, 2015
  6. The patriot

Hope you get better soon Steve.

The patriot , Aug 2, 2015
  7. Steve St.Laurent Staff Member

Sad day - she's sold. My 15 year old daughter and I stood in the driveway, held each other, and shed a few tears as she drove off. I drove my wife to the hospital in it when she was born. LOTS of great memories in that truck. Many of them with fellow TDR members. I'm sure going to miss her. I.did ask the new owner to let me take her for one last drive when he gets it fixed.

Steve St.Laurent , Aug 4, 2015
  8. HHhuntitall TDR MEMBER

Well...... I'm sorry... and congrats?

HHhuntitall , Aug 5, 2015
  9. MMeier

Wow, that blows, but get well soon, you can always get another one !!:D

MMeier , Aug 6, 2015
  10. Steve St.Laurent Staff Member

Yeah, that about sums it up. Very bittersweet. Thanks.

Like I said above - I'm not going anywhere, you guys are stuck with me ;)

Steve St.Laurent , Aug 7, 2015