Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProjectDodge

1985 D350 Crew Cab Dually For Sale I am the 3rd owner of this truck and while it's not a Cummins, it could be an easy swap. Originally was the local Dodge Dealers personal truck used to haul his race car. Prospector model with all options. Black and Silver exterior, 360 HD was rebuilt only 30,000 miles ago (bored .030 over and RV cam) , but now needs a head gasket and ignition module ($100 or less total for parts - I just don't have the time). 4 BRAND NEW BF GOODRICH COMMERCIAL T/A TIRES ON DUALS ($800 worth of tires alone! Oo.) This has been my truck for the last 20 years but I just don't have the time to work on it. Located in Ohio. Will me at Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio with it (August 7,8,9) on a trailer and could deliver if needed. $2,300 or best offer. 85 Dodge D350 Right Front Photo.jpg #ad
    85 Dodge D350 Left Front Photo.jpg #ad
    85 Dodge D350 Rear Photo.jpg #ad
    85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Photo.jpg #ad
    85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Photo 2.jpg #ad
    85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Tires.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Right Front Photo.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Left Front Photo.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Rear Photo.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Photo.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Photo 2.jpg #ad

85 Dodge D350 Right Rear Tires.jpg #ad

ProjectDodge , Aug 1, 2015
  2. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

How Much rust does it have on it ? Look's Pretty Rough Body wise . you won't believe what they sell for out west. Rust Free Also .

Simplysmn , Aug 5, 2015
  3. ProjectDodge

Thanks for looking at the truck. Well - it is a 30 year old truck from Ohio and we (unfortunately) have some harsh winters, but it's actually not too bad. Body is perfectly straight, never been wrecked, no body or door sag and built like a tank (love these old trucks!) It's priced cheap - with $800 worth of new tires on the rear, that's only $1,500 for the rest of the truck..... :) :-laf

ProjectDodge , Aug 6, 2015
  4. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

Yeah I paid 850 for a dually With new tires also but it didn't have a ounce of Rust what so ever on it so the new tires are that high of a selling point .In that condition you will be lucky to get the tire price out of it .

Simplysmn , Aug 6, 2015
  5. JR

It is hard to tell from the pictures but the only rust I see is from the mirrors on the doors. These trucks are nearly extinct in these parts, for it to be in the condition it is and have lived its life in Ohio makes it a true survivor. I have no idea on value but I have no doubt he will have some interest at Mopar, you just don't see them old crew cabs anymore especially up here in the northern part of the state where the salt flies in the winter like a fat kid on a salt shaker :-laf

Simplysmn, you are just spoiled with your location, and in the aspect of rust free vehicles, I am jealous :p

6. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

As many of these truck's as I have worked on if it has rust up top it has Rust Down Below .Willing to bet the floor's are Trashed !!! That's a part's Truck for someone . Yes we are spoiled out here because we don't use Salt but I have traveled Far to get vehicles and even places with Salt if the vehicle is Taken care of won't have alot of problem's

Simplysmn , Aug 7, 2015
  7. JR

Delete post, duplicate

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  8. JR

Geez, you really have been spoiled :-laf

There are trucks less than 10 years old locally that have more rust than that, doesn't necessarily make them a parts truck. Most don't realize just how tough the elements are here on vehicles. You could be right about the floors but if the fender wells are still solid I'm guessing it's not that bad, at least by rust belt standards.

Good luck with the sale, OP.

9. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

Most of the time if it has rust up High the floor board's are Trashed . Crewcab's are known for weak spot's on the edge and this truck is no different .Yeah we have higher fuel prices but I will take that over other area's .

Simplysmn , Aug 7, 2015
  10. ProjectDodge

You're spot on right JR - and Simplysmn, you would have lost every bet you've made so far... The truck sold yesterday - for my asking price - and without the new tires! :) (fortunately, I had an old set of tires/wheels to put on the rear. Yes these trucks are rare and getting more scarce every year. The back door - hardest part to find for a crew cab - were perfect. The floors rockers and pillars were all solid. Body was straight and never wrecked - and the doors still closed with the push of one finger. Yes, it had some "Ohio Cancer" but after owning it for 21 years, I hated to see the old friend go. I delivered it to the new owner today. He's happy. He's done a lot of these conversions so I know he'll do a great job on this one too - and it will live on in Ohio. :) :-laf

ProjectDodge , Aug 7, 2015
  11. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

Glad you sold it Out west I see them all the time Paid 1500 for a complete 84 prospector edition dually in Jan it's almost done with conversion from ground up . We use rusty stuff for Part's truck's :)

Simplysmn , Aug 7, 2015
  12. ProjectDodge

Yeah, it was with mixed emotions that it sold so fast, but it was/is a good old truck. I'd love to see your 84 Prospector when you get it done! A lot of guys that we're emailing about mine, sent some cool pics of Crew Cab conversions they had already done too. There are some nice trucks out there! We need a forum/group just for them! lol! :)

ProjectDodge , Aug 8, 2015
  13. Simplysmn TDR MEMBER

We have a section on here it's under the Conversion section .Also if you look up my name and then look under my recent post's you ill see my pictures of My truck and also the dually I am building .

Simplysmn , Aug 8, 2015