1. Brandon03cummins

03 will backfire, blow white smoke, and lose all power under a load at around 2100 to 2300 rpms I can duplicate it it those rpms all the time. I have around 12 psi of fuel pressure at the cp3, rail pressure is with in range, I have replaced the prv, fca, crank sensor, no change it just started this and I'm at a lose at to where to look next. No codes, I replaced the injectors a couple years ago and have around 15k on them. It starts great, sounds good/runs good until around 2100 to 2300 rpms.

Brandon03cummins , May 23, 2020
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Do you have acces to a decent workshop computer to diagnose the Injection system while running?
    No codes at all?

Ozymandias , May 24, 2020
  3. cerberusiam Staff Member

What exactly did you use for replacement injectors? Will it go past that range when not loaded?

You might go back and check TQ on the cross over tubes to see if they have loosened.

cerberusiam , May 25, 2020
  4. sag2 TDR MEMBER

As engine speed goes up the timing has to advance enough to burn all the fuel in time. White smoke is unburned fuel, so had you diagnosed it you could have saved the PRV and FCA expense. Crank sensor was your best guess. Can you see injection advance on your scan tool? I don't recall if timing is controlled by CKP or CMP sensor but I would be looking in that area.

sag2 , May 25, 2020
  5. Brandon03cummins

I replaced injectors with 60hp over industrial injection, and it will go over that rpm if you are really really soft on the throttle. I have re tq the cross over tubes today and no change

Brandon03cummins , May 28, 2020
  6. Brandon03cummins

I have a launch brand scan tool which is supposed to be the same thing as a Mac tools scanner

7. Brandon03cummins

And no codes at all

8. cerberusiam Staff Member

Since you have an 03 and the problem just started, I would look at the ECM connectors for problems. Any chnag ein weather like lots of rain or something else when it started showing issues?

cerberusiam , May 29, 2020